Sunday, April 25, 2010

Party Planning - Gathering Ideas


-We've been thinking about Daniel and Caden's upcoming birthdays the past couple of days. Daniel turns 4 on June 21 and Caden turns 2 on July 18. We have celebrated birthdays at home with family in the past. We decided that this would be a good year to have actual birthday parties. Our first thought was to have a BIG party for Daniel and Caden together. (We would not have to worry about jealousy issues then. We would also not have to worry about planning 2 parties during the summer when everyone has travel plans at different times.) We quickly decided that a "transportation themed" party would be the best since they both love cars, trucks, etc. I searched the net yesterday for cake ideas and I found these cute and simple cupcakes at Wilton, actually it's plain ole cupcakes with cute wraps and sticks to decorate the plain ole cupcake. I can do these! I also found a cute idea for edible stoplights here. We can purchase a fruit tray/cheese tray/veggie tray - food is taken care of - simple and low on cost. I LOVE these invitations but I do not love the price (41.99 for 25 cards). I am going to ask my friend and wonderful photographer Megan McGee if she can create birthday invitations. (I would rather pay her then some random person online.) I am so excited, I think the party will be simple to put together and not overly expensive which means there will be little stress and we can really enjoy our boys turning 2 and 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment