Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Fire

-Saturday was a beautiful day. The boys enjoyed spending time outside, running in the yard, picking up sticks, riding their tricycle and car and going for a ride on the lawn mower with Daddy. After playing outside, the boys enjoyed a snack and were then ready for a nap. Daddy stayed outside to work in the garage and in the yard. I decided to tackle the never ending pile of laundry. I was putting clothes in the dryer when I started smelling smoke (the smoke you smell when leaves are burning). My first thought was that Richard decided to burn some sticks and leaves - then I heard sirens. I went out the door and saw our mail laying on the steps and the mower in the drive way - I thought Richard had gotten hurt. I then saw Richard and several of our neighbors standing down at the road and I saw the "blackened field" across the road. A fire started behind the trailer across the road and quickly spread to the tree line. The once beautiful field across from our house is now black. Sad :( No one knows how the fire started but we are all thankful that the fire department arrived quickly and prevented the fire from spreading.




No comments:

Post a Comment