Wednesday, September 16, 2009

250 Days

-I am 250 days pregnant today and I am celebrating. I have never been pregnant for this long. I was pregnant with Noah for 224 days (32 weeks), Daniel for 203 days (28 weeks) and Caden for 231 days (33 weeks). I will be 40 weeks pregnant in 30 days. Wow! I never imagined I would make it this far. One I first found out that I was pregnant (SURPRISE!), I decided that I would make "goals" with my first goal being 29 weeks. When I sailed through 29 weeks and wasn't even on bed rest, I celebrated. My next goal was 32 weeks and then 33 weeks. My goal now is just one more day. If you count by weeks and not days, I am 35 weeks and 5 days pregnant (2 days shy of 36 weeks). It is exciting to think about having a full term, healthy, "take home" baby (unless Isaac arrives within the next week). I know that there is not a 100% guarantee that Isaac will not require some time in the NICU, some full term, healthy newborns require some help getting their breathing going when delivered by c-section. I can handle a couple of hours in the NICU.....I lived with 14 days, 72 days and 21 day. My prayer is that Isaac is born healthy and requires no NICU time and I am able to carry my baby boy out of the hospital the day that I am discharged. I ask that you pray with us for a safe and healthy arrival and recovery.

1 comment:

  1. Laura (speaking for everyone!) said...

    How absolutely wonderful!!!!! so proud of you!!! and I completely understand the sense of pride with getting this far- it is a wonderful thing! And let me tell you- a take home baby is the absolute best thing in the world- but,I had no idea what to do with him!! I think I called the Dr or hospital 5 times that first week!
    Thu Sep 17, 10:59:00 AM PDT

    ReplyDelete