Wednesday, September 23, 2009

36 Weeks

-I had my 36 week check up today. Wow, 36 weeks! (I am miserable and loving it!) My blood pressure was elevated (not surprising) and my protein was slightly elevated (+1). ""Baby Isaac's" heart rate was good. The doctor and I discussed a scheduled c-section. A "elective c-section" can not be scheduled before 38/39 weeks and the doctor is very doubtful that I will make it to 38/39 weeks. He did promise that if I was still pregnant at my next appointment (Tuesday 9/29) that we would set a date for the c-section. He said that he was not going to let me go past 39 weeks. After our brief chat I was sent to L&D for testing and monitoring, after an hour and a half of testing and monitoring and no signs of pre-eclampsia or stress I was sent home (weekly routine). I am to go back to L&D on Monday for a non-stress test (NST) and I will see the doctor on Tuesday (probably followed by another trip to L&D). I will be 37 weeks on Friday - full term and I am ready for ""Baby Isaac" to arrive.

No comments:

Post a Comment